Chicken Divan doesn't have to be complicated to taste good. I'll prove this to you today by showing you a quick and easy way to make this fantastically comforting dish for two.
Total Time: 35-40 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 30-35 minutes
What you'll need
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups frozen broccoli florets
1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream or mayonnaise
1/3 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream of chicken soup and sour cream (or mayonnaise). Mix well.
3. Add broccoli to the bottom of an 8 x 8 baking dish.
4. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place over the broccoli.
5. Cover chicken and broccoli with soup mixture. Top with cheese and breadcrumbs.
6. Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve and enjoy! It's honestly that easy.
On an unrelated to food note, yesterday I ran the Chicago marathon for the very first time! It was the most challenging thing I've ever done in my life, but also the most rewarding. Here are a few photos from the day.
.2 miles to go! There were tears of joy in my eyes.
The after shot. Getting back to the car was a marathon in itself. I had to stop to rest 3 times along the way.
Adam was there to cheer me on at the finish line (and help get me back to the car).
My sister Kelly and me post race. Kelly got me through the toughest part of the race by running with me from mile 17 to mile 25. I couldn't have done it without her!