Garlic and Soy Vegetable Noodle Stir-Fry
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
1/2 bell pepper (any color), diced
1/2 onion, diced
1 cup sugar snap peas
1 cup broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
1 cup mushrooms (about 2-3 mushrooms), sliced
1 1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
1/4 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
4 garlic cloves, chopped
red pepper flakes (optional)
1 cup chow mein noodles (optional)
1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
2. In a Wok or large skillet, heat sesame oil, chicken stock, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and garlic over medium heat.
3. Add vegetables to the Wok. Mix well until vegetables are well coated. Stir-fry for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and heated through.
I'll be serving tonight's stir-fry with a Pea-Pod, Tomato and Cucumber Salad. I've written about this recipe already, but it's so good that I had to share it again. Plus, it's the perfect recipe to utilize some of this week's leftover vegetables.
Pea-Pod, Tomato and Cucumber Salad
Total Time: 15 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
What you'll need
2 cups sugar snap peas
1/2 cucumber, diced
1 tomato, diced (or 1/4 pint grape or cherry tomatoes)
For the dressing
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon sugar
salt and pepper
1. Cover the bottom of a small skillet with water. Add pea-pods; cover pot with lid.
3. Put pea-pods in a bowl of ice water for 1 minute. Remove and let dry.
5. In a separate bowl, combine vegetable oil, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well.
6. Drizzle dressing over vegetables. Toss well. Serve and enjoy!