Happy Friday everyone! I'm slightly letting my health guard down and kicking the weekend off with an ice cold beer and Turkey Sausage Nachos. However, I am remaining somewhat health conscious, as the weekend has only just begun. So I'm going to eliminate the sour cream, cut back on the cheese and instead pile on some vegetables. The end result will be a hearty dish for two that gives you a taste of something naughty without totally busting your belt buckle.
Turkey Sausage Nachos
Total Time: 28 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 13 minutes
What you'll need
1-2 (depending on how meaty you like your nachos) links Italian turkey sausage, cooked and diced
1/2 taco seasoning packet
1/8 cup water
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican flavored cheese
8 ounces yellow corn, drained
1 tomato, diced
1 avocado, diced
3 scallions (green onion), diced
Additional nacho topping options:
pico de gallo
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook sausage links in a covered skillet over low heat, about 10 minutes. Remove and dice into 1/4 inch triangle pieces.
3. Add sausage back to skillet. Add taco seasoning and 1/8 cup water. Cook over low heat until water is absorbed, about 2 minutes.
4. Stir in corn. Cook for an additional minute.
5. Line the bottom of a small baking dish or baking sheet with tortilla chips.
6. Top tortilla chips with sausage mixture, tomato, avocado and cheese.
6. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until cheese is melted through.
7. Top with scallions and your favorite nacho toppings (I added jalapeño slices). Serve and enjoy!