Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
What you'll need
2 cups penne or rigatoni pasta, uncooked
1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
8 ounces ground Italian sausage (you can use lean turkey sausage if you want to cut down on fat and calories)
1/2 zucchini (or 1/4 zucchini and 1/4 yellow squash)
1 leek, diced
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons basil, chopped
1 tablespoon ricotta cheese or Boursin cheese (optional)
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions.
3. In a medium skillet saute sausage over medium heat until it is cooked through.
4. Stir in leek and zucchini. Saute for 1 minute.
6. Add basil, marinara and 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese. Mix well.
*Note -- you can also mix in 1 tablespoon of Boursin cheese or ricotta cheese for a little extra flavor.