I'll be serving the Pepper Steak with a side of the other mashed potato -- Mashed Cauliflower. Mashed cauliflower really can make it work on the dinner plate. So much so, I didn't even miss the potato. Therefore, these are a must try, especially if you are looking for a healthier way to enjoy mashed potatoes.
2 small Ribeye, Round or Sirloin steaks
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon tomato paste
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
ground black pepper
1. Generously season both sides of the steak with ground black pepper. Firmly press pepper into meat.
2. Mix together garlic powder, paprika, tomato paste and soy sauce. Then, add red wine vinegar. Mix well. Pour over meat.
3. Cover and refrigerate over night. Turn meat in the morning.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
What you'll need
1/2 head of cauliflower
2 teaspoons butter
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 scallions, sliced
1. Chop the cauliflower and remove the stems.
2. Place the chopped cauliflower in a medium size pot. Add enough water to just cover the top of the cauliflower.
3. Bring to a boil. Cook for 15 minutes.
4. Drain cooked cauliflower and pour into a large bowl. Add butter, olive oil, salt and pepper.