The base of the salad was fairly easy to come up with. However, the dressing was a bit of a challenge. But, after doing a lot of research/trial and error, I think this is the closest one can get to the original. My husband said it was "spot on," and I have to agree, it's pretty wonderfully close.
Asian Sesame Chicken Salad
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
For the Salad
2 romaine hearts, chopped
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup wonton strips
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon peanut oil
salt and pepper
For the Dressing
1/2 cup of Original Rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup sesame oil
2 tablespoons sugar
1. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then coat each side of the chicken breasts with sesame seeds. Be sure to firmly press seeds into the chicken.
2. In a medium skillet, heat peanut oil over high heat. Add chicken breasts. Brown from 2 minutes on each side. Reduce heat to medium, continue to cook for about 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and let cool.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add lettuce, cilantro, almonds, wontons and cooked chicken.
6. Using a hand blender, slowly pour in the sesame oil. Blend well.
7. Add dressing to salad as desired. Toss well. Serve and enjoy!