I know the ingredient list appears long, but don't let that scare you away from making today's recipe for two. I promise this casserole dish is still easy to make and worth every ingredient.
Total Time: 60 minutes
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
What you'll need
9-ounce package refrigerated cheese filled tortellini (I used whole wheat)
3 ounces regular cream cheese or light cream cheese, cubed and softened
1/2 cup carrot matchsticks
1/2 cup broccoli florets
1/2 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
1/4 sweet or white onion, diced
1/2 small red or green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 tablespoon margarine or butter
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup milk
grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook tortellini according to package directions, adding the broccoli florets during the last 2 minutes of cooking; drain.
2. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion and bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine chicken broth, oregano, flour, garlic salt, and pepper. Mix well.
4. Add the chicken stock mixture to the skillet along with milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
5. Add cream cheese. Cook and stir until cream cheese is smooth. Remove from heat.
6. Add pasta mixture, mushrooms, carrots, onion, bell peppers and tomatoes to the skillet. Toss to coat. Transfer to an ungreased small baking dish.