I adapted this recipe from a food blog that I recently started following, Skinny Taste. I have quickly fallen in love with this site for it serves up a wide variety of dishes that are easy on your waistline and your taste buds. And who doesn't love that?
Total Time: 45 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
What you'll need
For the Salad
3-4 chicken tenders
3 tablespoons shredded coconut
1/4 cup panko style bread crumbs
1 tablespoon crushed cornflake crumbs
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cups mixed baby greens
1/3 cup shredded carrots
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 small cucumber, sliced
1/4 cup fresh mozzarella (if desired)
For the Vinaigrette:
1/2 tablespoon oil
1/2 tablespoon honey
1/2 tablespoon white vinegar or balsamic
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine panko bread crumbs, coconut flake and corn flakes in a bowl.
3. In separate bowl, combine egg and a splash of water.
4. Season the chicken tenders with salt and pepper (I like to use garlic pepper if available).
5. Dip tenders in egg mixture and then dredge them in bread mixture until they are well coated.
5. Combine salad ingredients and mix together. Top with chicken tenders. Mix Vinaigrette in a separate bowl.
6. Warm the Vinaigrette in the microwave for 10-15 seconds and drizzle over the salad as desired. Serve and enjoy!