Baked Chicken and Marinara over Alfredo Orzo with Peas
Total Time: 30-35 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 25-30 minutes
What you'll need
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
garlic salt and pepper
1 tablespoon butter
2-3 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
1 cup marinara sauce
1/2 cup uncooked orzo
1/2 - 1 cup light alfredo sauce
1/2 cup frozen or canned peas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Generously season chicken breasts with garlic salt and pepper.
3. Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Turn heat up to high, add in chicken breasts. Brown chicken, about 2 minutes per side.
4. In a small baking dish, add a thin layer of marinara sauce to help prevent chicken from sticking.
5. Place browned chicken breasts over the marinara sauce. Pour remaining marinara over the top of the chicken breasts. Top with mozzarella cheese slices. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
7. Meanwhile, cook orzo according to package directions.
8. Add Alfredo sauce to the saucepan. Mix well until orzo is evenly coated in sauce.
9. Stir in peas. Continue to cook on low until peas are warm, about 5 minutes.
10. Spoon orzo into a bowl. Top with chicken breast and garnish with fresh basil. Serve and enjoy!