Chicken Enchilada Pasta
Total Time: 40 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
What you'll need
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked & shredded
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 medium onion, diced
1/2 red pepper, diced
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 (10 ounce) can green chili enchilada sauce
1/2 cup red enchilada sauce
1 cup shredded cheese (I used colby & monterrey jack)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup uncooked Penne pasta
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet. Add onions and red pepper; cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Add garlic; cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Add cooked chicken, green chiles, cumin, chili powder, salt, & enchilada sauces. Let sauce simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Stir in cheese until it is melted and heated through.
6. Reduce heat to low and stir in the sour cream. Continue to stir until sour cream is well mixed and heated through.
7. Combine sauce with cooked pasta. Mix well until pasta is evenly coated. Serve and enjoy!