Chicken Piccata with Artichoke
Total Time: 35 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
What you'll need
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon lemon pepper
2 boneless chicken breasts, pounded 1/4 inch thick
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 cup white wine
2 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup capers
1/2 cup artichokes, cut into quarters
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs, garlic, salt, pepper and lemon pepper.
3. In a separate mixing bowl beat one egg with a splash of water.
4. Dredge chicken in egg and then bread crumb mixture until chicken is evenly coated (For extra crunch repeat process).
5. Heat oil in a large skillet (you want the oil to be extremely HOT in order to get the chicken crispy). Add chicken; cook for about 3 minutes per side.
6. Transfer chicken to a baking sheet; bake for approximately 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
7. Meanwhile, deglaze the pan with wine, butter, capers (with juice) and artichokes. Cook on low until sauce thickens.
8. When chicken is finished baking in the oven, top with sauce. Serve and enjoy!