You can serve the chicken over pasta, or if you want to cut the carbs., you can opt for a side of veggies or salad instead. Either way, your dish will be sure to impress.
Total Time: 40-50 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 30-40 minutes
What you'll need
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
garlic salt and pepper
6 ounce jar of artichokes, drained
2 roma tomatoes, cored and chopped
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Generously season chicken breasts with garlic salt and pepper and place in a small baking dish.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine artichokes, tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, sugar and flour. Mix well. Generously season with salt and pepper.
4. Pour tomato and artichoke mixture over the chicken.
5. Bake until chicken is almost cooked through, about 30-40 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
6. Remove from oven and sprinkle the top with mozzarella cheese.
7. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly.
8. Garnish with basil, optional.