Alfredo Chicken, Vegetable and Rice Bake
Total Time: 60 minutes
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
For the chicken
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 cup panko bread crumbs (I used Italian Style Panko Bread Crumbs)
1 tablespoon Italian flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon butter
For the bake
1 cup uncooked rice (white or brown)
1/2 can yellow corn, drained
4-5 asparagus stalks
1/2 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
2 panko encrusted chicken breasts
1/2 cup light alfredo sauce
3 scallions, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cook rice according to package directions.
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine panko bread crumbs, parsley, garlic and parmesan. Mix well.
4. In a separate shallow dish, whisk the egg. In a third shallow dish add the flour.
5. Dredge chicken in flour, then transfer to the egg mixture and finally dip chicken in the panko mixture until it is well coated.
6. In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Increase heat to high and add chicken breasts. Cook chicken until it is browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Remove chicken from heat and set aside.
8. Add browned chicken breasts. Top chicken with diced tomato.