Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps
Total Time: 15-17 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 5-7 minutes
What you'll need
1/2 pound sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch strips
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 red pepper, diced
4 scallions, finely sliced (both green and white parts)
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 cloves garlic, pressed with a garlic press
1 teaspoon chile sauce
5-6 large butter lettuce leaves
1. Generously season beef with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a Wok or skillet over high heat until very hot.
3. Carefully add the beef and sear until it's lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes total. Stir in the red peppers. Continue to cook until peppers are tender and beef is cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine beef, peppers and scallions. Mix well.
5. In a separate small bowl, combine lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, garlic, and chile sauce. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
6. Pour sauce over the beef mixture. Toss well.
7. Fill each of the lettuce leaves with the beef mixture as desired. Serve and enjoy!