And by giving your meat a little extra TLC, I'll show you how you can turn an ordinary beef tenderloin into an extraordinary meal with today's featured recipe for two -- Caprese Tenderloins.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 5-7 minutes
What you'll need
2 beef tenderloin steaks (4-5 ounces each, 1-inch thick)
2 french baguette slices (1-inch thick)
2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
2 cloves garlic, pressed with a garlic press
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons diced fresh mozzarella
2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1. Season tenderloins with garlic salt and pepper.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks and bread to skillet. Cook for 3 minutes.
3. Turn steaks and bread; cook steaks for an additional 2 minutes and bread until it is toasted on both sides.
6. Add tomatoes to the skillet; cook until softened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in red wine vinegar and cook for an additional minute.
7. Top each steak with tomatoes, 1 tablespoon diced mozzarella and 1 tablespoon minced basil.