Note, you will most likely have a few extra servings. However, this was perfectly fine with us, because we definitely wanted more later in the week.
Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
Total Time: 1 hour
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
What you'll need
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 pound elbow macaroni
2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup Franks Red Hot Wings Buffalo Sauce, divided
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 cup milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
8 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
8 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 cup plain panko bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a small (8 x 8) baking dish.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
3. Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir in shredded chicken and garlic; cook for about 2 minutes.
4. Stir in 1/4 cup buffalo sauce; simmer until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
5. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and mustard; mix until smooth. Whisk in milk and cream, then add the remaining 1/4 cup buffalo sauce; stir until thick, about 2 minutes.
6. Add cheddar and pepper jack cheeses, then whisk in the sour cream until smooth.
7. Spread half of the macaroni along the bottom of the baking dish. Top with chicken mixture and the remaining macaroni. Pour cheese sauce evenly on top.
8. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top of the macaroni.
9. Bake until bubbly, about 30 minutes. Let rest before serving. Enjoy!