Chicken and Broccoli Bake
Total Time: 45 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
What you'll need
1/2 pound fresh broccoli, cut into florets and steamed for 2 minutes
2 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced or 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 tube Ritz Crackers
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 cup cold water
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a small greased baking dish, layer the broccoli and chicken, then set aside.
3. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine 3 tablespoons of melted butter, cornstarch dissolved in water, chicken broth, seasonings, and milk; mix well.
4. Continue stirring until sauce has thickened. Turn heat down to low, and add 3/4 cup cheddar cheese. Stir until melted.
5. Pour sauce over the chicken and broccoli. Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
6. Crush Ritz crackers in a large zip-lock bag with a rolling pin (Be careful not to crush them too small). Add crumbs to the remaining melted butter (about 1 tablespoon); mix well.
7. Sprinkle cracker crumbs over the top of the shredded cheese.
8. Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes, or until hot & bubbly.