Chicken Pomodoro with Orzo
Total Time: 25 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
What you'll need
1/2 cup uncooked orzo
2 boneless, skinless chicken cutlets
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup Italian Style panko breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup vodka
1 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 plum tomato, de-seeded and diced
2-3 scallions, sliced
1. Cook orzo according to package directions.
2. Add flour to a shallow bowl, in a separate shallow bowl whisk egg and in a third shallow bowl add breadcrumbs.
3. Dredge chicken cutlets in flour, then dip them in egg. Finally, dredge cutlets in the panko mixture until they are evenly coated.
4. Coat a medium skillet with nonstick spray, add oil and cook over medium heat.
5. Add chicken cutlets; brown both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer cutlets to a plate; pour off fat from the pan.
6. Deglaze pan with vodka (away from the heat). Return skillet to heat and cook until vodka is evaporated.
7. Add broth. Return cutlets to the skillet; cook for 1 minute on each side. Transfer cutlets to a plate; cover with aluminum foil.
8. Add tomato, cream and butter to the skillet; mix well until butter is melted. Stir in cooked orzo. Mix well until orzo is evenly coated in sauce.
9. Pour orzo over chicken. Garnish with scallions.