Like most abrupt cross country moves, it hasn't been easy. Adam isn't able to leave Florida until the end of February, so I had to travel North without him. We also don't know where we are going to live (aka we are camping out at my parents). On top of that, I had to start work the day after I arrived, so I feel like I haven't had a moment to catch my breath since I landed.
Fortunately, the end of February is just around the corner, so I will be reunited with my plus one very soon. We are also on the hunt for our first home! And once we are settled, I will be back on track with regularly posting weekly dinner menus. Until then, please be patient with me.
To all my fellow foodies, if you have a recipe that you'd like to share, please let me know as guests posts are always welcome!
Thanks everyone for your continued support. I look forward to sharing many more recipes with you, like this comforting casserole for two.
Creamy Broccoli, Cauliflower and Rice Casserole
Total Time: 35 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
What you'll need
3/4 cup uncooked white or brown rice
1 cup broccoli, chopped
1 cup cauliflower, chopped
1 can (10 ounces) cream of broccoli soup
salt and pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
drizzle of olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cook rice according to package directions.
3. Meanwhile, blanch broccoli and cauliflower until tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and soak in ice water for 1 minute. Drain and set aside.
4. Once rice is cooked, stir in cream of broccoli soup. Mix well until rice is evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add rice to the bottom of a small baking dish. Top with a layer of broccoli and cauliflower.
6. Sprinkle on cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs. Dust with paprika and lightly drizzle the top of the casserole with olive oil.
7. Bake for 20 minutes.