If you are in the mood for something light and delicious, then you have to try this recipe. It's a great way to nutritiously turn an ordinary chicken breasts into something extraordinary. So get outside, fire up the grill and cook up something that you can truly feel good about.
Chicken with Spinach, Mozzarella & Roasted Red Pepper
Total Time: 40 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
What you'll need
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
about 4 ounces frozen spinach, drained
shredded mozzarella cheese (about a handful)
1/4 cup roasted red pepper, sliced in strips
olive oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Lightly spray your grill with oil; cook chicken on the grill until cooked through and no longer pink.
4. Meanwhile, heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add oil and garlic, sauté for a few seconds; add spinach, salt and pepper. Cook until heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
5. When chicken is done, lay the cooked breasts on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment.
6. Divide spinach evenly and place on top of the chicken breasts. Top each piece with mozzarella, then slices of roasted pepper.
7. Bake until melted, about 6-8 minutes.
8. Serve over couscous or rice. Enjoy!