Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Total Time: 1 hour
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 50 minutes
What you'll need
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 sweet or white onion, diced
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
salt and pepper
1 large carrot, sliced
2 celery stalks, sliced
1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
1 cup reduced-sodium chicken stock
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup frozen corn
1. In a medium Dutch oven or pot, saute butter, onion and chicken over medium heat until chicken is browned, about 5 minutes.
2. Add carrot and celery to the pot. Continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, mix cream of chicken soup, chicken stock, ground cumin and milk in a separate mixing bowl. Stir until evenly mixed.
4. Add soup and broth mixture to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 40 minutes or until carrots and celery are tender.
5. Stir in peas and corn just before serving. Heat for an additional 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve and enjoy!