The only other bar food that I could possibly love more than mini cheeseburgers are buffalo chicken wings (another very lady-like meal to devour, I know. But who cares, you're at a bar)!
So when I saw a recipe that combines these two great bar food loves of mine, I immediately knew I had to try it out. And they turned out to be just as good, if not better, than I had hoped.
The Main Dish
Tonight, I'll be making mini buffalo chicken burgers. This meal is great when you want to lounge on the couch and watch football but crave the delights of delicious bar food.
The Side Dish
Keeping with the bar food theme, I'll be serving the sliders with a simple side of sliced carrot and celery sticks with ranch dressing.
Mini Buffalo Chicken Burgers
Total Time: 35 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
What you'll need
5-6 Pillsbury® buttermilk biscuits (I prefer the Simply Buttermilk Biscuits)
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 celery stalk, sliced
1/3 cucumber, thinly sliced
1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce (I prefer Franks Red Hot Wings Buffalo sauce)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Bake biscuits as directed. Cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
3. In a skillet, heat chicken, buffalo sauce and celery over medium heat for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until hot.
6. Serve the buffalo chicken sliders alongside sliced celery, carrots and ranch dressing. Enjoy!
1. Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
2. Add chicken. Heat over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Note, be careful not to over cook the chicken or it will become rubbery.
3. Let chicken cool for about 5 minutes.
4. Place one fork at the end of the chicken breast, and use another fork to pull chicken towards you. Continue this motion until the entire breast is shredded.
Recipe adapted from Pillsbury Buffalo Chicken Sliders