Today's featured one-pot meal combines pork, chorizo sausage rice and vegetables to create a mini fiesta in every bite. However, the real party comes after dinner when you have little to cleanup and lots of time to enjoy your evening.
Tex Mex Casserole
Total Time: 32 minutes
Prep: 2 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
What you'll need
4 ounces ground pork
1 chorizo sausage
10 ounce can diced tomatoes and green chilies
1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
1 red pepper, diced
1 cup uncooked Spanish rice
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. In a medium Dutch oven or pot heat olive oil over medium heat. Add ground pork and chorizo sausage. Continue to break up meat while cooking for approximately 5 minutes.
2. Add red bell pepper, diced tomatoes and green chilies (I like to use Rotel), rice and water. Mix well.
3. Bring mixture to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Add cheese and corn. Mix well. Heat for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Serve and enjoy!
* Tip -- if you'd like to make this dish a little spicier add 1 teaspoon of chili powder when you are browning the ground pork and chorizo sausage.