Today, my husband and I are celebrating our one year wedding anniversary! I feel like just yesterday Adam proposed, and now here we are celebrating one year of marriage. It's amazing how quickly time flies.
In honor of our anniversary, I'm serving up a juicy and ever so delightful burger for two. You're going to love all the explosive flavors that are packed into these turkey burgers. They offer the perfect amount of kick, while still maintaing a good-for-you profile. Hope you like them!
Pico de Gallo Enchilada Turkey Burgers
Total Time: 35 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
What you'll need
For the Burgers
1/2 pound lean ground turkey
1/2 bell pepper (any color), diced
1/4 sweet onion, diced
2 tablespoons enchilada sauce
1/2 jalapeño pepper, sliced (optional)
non-stick cooking spray
2 slices monterey jack cheese
2 hamburger buns
For the Pico de Gallo
2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2-3 tablespoons lime juice
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, bell pepper, onion and enchilada sauce. If you want to spice up your burgers, also add jalapeño slices. Mix well. Form ground turkey into two burger patties. Season with seasoned salt and garlic salt.
2. Spray a medium skillet or grill pan will cooking spray. Heat over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add burger patties; cook for approximately 7 minutes on each side (time will vary depending on thickness of patties).
4. Once burgers are cooked to desired doneness, top each burger patty with one slice of cheese. Heat until melted.
5. Place turkey burger on a hamburger bun or roll. Top with Pico de Gallo.
6. Serve with a side of tortilla chips and leftover Pico de Gallo. Enjoy!