Quesadilla Fiesta Salad
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
What you'll need
For the Salad
lettuce (I used 2 romaine hearts, chopped)
2 celery stalks, sliced
1 cucumber, diced
1/2 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
1/2 can yellow corn, drained
1/2 packet Knorr Spanish Rice
handful tortilla strips
For the Quesadillas
4 medium soft tortilla shells
1 can green chilies
1/4 onion, diced
1 cup Queso Fresco cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Dressing
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 lime, juiced
1 teaspoon cilantro, chopped
1. Cook rice according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, add lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, celery, corn, rice and tortilla strips.
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine onion and green chillies. Season generously with Cajun seasoning. Mix well.
4. Spread a thin layer of the onion and chili mixture over two tortilla shells.
7. Remove from skillet and add the second quesadilla. Repeat step 6.
8. Once the quesadillas are cooked, cut them into quarters.