Since the pasta leans slightly more toward the indulgent side, I served it with a light side salad.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
What you'll need
1 1/2 cups uncooked large pasta shells
1 cup garlic croutons
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
1/4 cup olive oil
about 2 ounces of pepperoni, sliced into thin strips
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, add croutons and parmesan cheese to a food processor. Pulse until well blended.
3. Once pasta is cooked, strain the noodles and reserve the pasta water.
4. Add olive oil to a medium saucepan; cook over medium heat. Carefully add the noodles; mix well until noodles are well coated in the oil.
5. Stir in crouton mixture and pepperoni slices.
6. If pasta appears dry, add a couple of spoonfuls of pasta water until moist. Season with pepper to taste.
7. Serve with a side salad and enjoy!