Skillet Chicken Curry
Total Time: 50 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
What you'll need
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
1 tablespoon olive oil plus 2 teaspoons
1/4 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon medium to hot curry powder
1/4 pound small red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 cup water
1/2 can (about 7 ounces) diced tomatoes, with juice
** note, I'll be using the leftover tomatoes in tomorrow's Mediterranean chicken dish
1 cup frozen peas
1. Dredge chicken in flour until it is evenly coated.
2. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat; add chicken. Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a bowl; set aside.
2. Add remaining 2 teaspoons of oil to skillet; cook onion and garlic, stirring frequently, until onion is softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in curry powder and about 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook 1 minute more.
3. Add potatoes and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer; cover, and cook until potatoes are just tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and peas.
4. Return chicken to skillet; simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
5. Serve over rice. Enjoy!