Total Time: 45 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
What you'll need:
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 pound lean ground beef or turkey
salt and pepper
1/2 package taco seasoning
8 ounce can tomato sauce (or you can substitute enchilada sauce and then omit taco seasoning)
1 can Rotel tomatoes with green chiles
1 small can of corn (or 1/2 cup frozen)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup Bisquick
1/2 cup milk
1. Add onion and olive oil to a medium skillet; saute over medium heat until slightly tender (about 3 to 5 minutes).
2. Season ground meat with salt and pepper; add to skillet with onion. Brown meat until no longer pink.
3. Add tomato sauce, taco seasoning, corn and Rotel tomatoes. Mix well. Stir in cheese.
4. Transfer mixture to a small baking dish.
5. In separate bowl, mix together Bisquick, egg and milk. Pour over the top of meat mixture.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.
7. If desired, serve with chopped tomato, shredded lettuce and sour cream. Enjoy!