Thai Chicken Soup
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
What you'll need
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
1/4 sweet onion, chopped
3 cups chicken broth
2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1 cup carrot sticks
1 cup green beans, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 can (about 7 ounces) light coconut milk
1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1. In a medium Dutch oven or pot, heat oil, ginger and garlic over medium heat for about 30 seconds.
2. Add onion; cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until onion is tender.
3. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Add chicken, carrot, green beans and crushed red pepper. Return to a boil; reduce heat.
4. Stir in coconut milk and bell pepper; heat through.
5. Top with fresh cilantro and peanuts.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Better Homes and Gardens Chicken Dinners Magazine