Not only do I love all of the mouth-watering flavors, but I also love that everything cooks together in aluminum foil, so clean up is a cinch. I hope you enjoy these delicious grill packets as much as we do!
What you'll need
vegetable oil or cooking spray
4 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup couscous
1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 zucchini, sliced
salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Salsa
1/2 mango, peeled and diced
1/2 medium avocado, diced
1/2 medium tomato, diced
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1. Heat grill to medium (350 degrees F).
2. Fold two 18-inch-long pieces of foil in half; unfold and coat inside with cooking spray.
3. Place 2 cups spinach in center of half of each piece of foil.
4. Combine couscous with 1/4 cup water; divide evenly among packets, placing on top of spinach.
5. Combine shrimp, oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well. Divide shrimp evenly among packets, placing next to couscous. Place sliced zucchini on the other side of the couscous.
6. Fold foil to close and crimp edges to seal; place on grill; close lid; cook until packets are fully puffed, about 10 minutes.
7. Combine mango, avocado, tomato, onion, jalapeño and lime juice in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Carefully cut foil to open; stir contents; top with salsa before serving.
* Tip 1 -- The best way to store an avocado is to keep the seed in, wrap in saran wrap or place in a ziplock bag and store in your refrigerator.
* Tip 2 -- The avocado and mango salsa also goes great with steak fajitas.
Recipe adapted from Self Magazine's Easy Grilling Recipes