Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
What you'll need
1/2 cup uncooked orzo
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 sweet onion, chopped
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 zucchini, shredded
1/4 cup milk
2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
salt and pepper to taste
grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Cook orzo according to package directions.
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook 2 minutes.
3. Stir in zucchini; cook 10 minutes or until some of the moisture has evaporated.
4. Pour milk into the skillet; stir in cream cheese until melted. Mix in basil and tomatoes.
5. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
6. Serve over the cooked orzo. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com